Wednesday, February 22, 2012

40 Days In The Word - Picture It!










3 Biblical Principles involved
1.profitable for instruction 2 Timothy 3:16-17
2.real people in real life situations I Corinthians 10:1-13
3.we can relate to real situations

Matthew 8:1-4

picture it
a form of meditation
•Set the scene (context)
•What's my motivation? (perspective)
•Be the man (application)

Set the scene
provides context which gives insight and sets the parameters for proper interpretation

“followed”: so Jesus is going somewhere

“great multitudes”

What's my motivation?
each person involved has a perspective, human reactions, consequences, etc. in this real life moment
disciples - ?
the leper - ?
Jesus - ?

Be the man
•Which person am I at this moment in my life?
•What choice of faith am I presented?
•What lesson am I learning?
•What course of action leads me closer to Jesus?

which character am I?
Matthew 8:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment