Wednesday, May 9, 2012

This Month's Pastor's Pick

This month our Pastor's Pick book is Family Driven Faith - Doing what it takes to raise sons and daughters who walk with God  by Voddie Baucham. This book was given to me by a family in our church following one of the Creative Family sermons during our April emphasis on Creating a Future. I reviewed portions of the book and got so excited I made it the Pick for May.

This author is an excellent writer and preacher with a strong emphasis in his ministry on families. He takes some very strong positions that are challenging and thought provoking. Every family should read this book because it makes you look deeply into the rotations and patterns of your family life. If we are called to raise our children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, then that will mean certain priorities in our families. It should mean there specific emphases and activities in our families designed to teach our children a strong faith in Jesus.

This book will stir you to think about how you spend your time as a family. It will get you as a parent to look inside yourself in an effort to grow in your faith. I strongly recommend this book. I am very excited about going back through it this month in a detailed fashion.

Please join me. We are having some wonderful discussions. I have several people who text me during the month as the read the Pick. Please join with us as we grow. You will be glad you picked up the Pastor's Pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment