Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Spiritual Challenge

Today I have been studying - 2 different things. First, I started the morning working some more on my sermon for Sunday. It is important because we will be explaining 100 for 100 and brithing an exciting new plan for FBC. Then I spent the morning working on a new communications plan for church. I am trying to elarn more about using social media more efectively to connect directly with our church family. Then I had one of thoses experieinces that takes disparate things and puts them together.

In reading a manual on social media, I was given an encouragement and a challenge that sounded like it was written in God's voice. "Avoid laziness. If something is hard, doing it right will immediately distinguish you from your peers. Always do the hard part first. Procrastinate later."

What a powerful word for believers. While I did not read that in scripture, it certainly is an application of scripture. I hate technology and I am NOT a gadget freak. I find this modern stuff to be hard. Yet there is more need for connection between believers than ever before. We live in a world more broken and out of touch with our bibical worldview. This creates the need for believers to connect. And we have more tools with which to connect than ever before - thus "do it right."

It is also the impetus behind 100 for 100. We are engaging a new vision because it is the right thing to do.

The connection: CHristians daily make choices of faith. By definition, that means we make hard choices and do hard things. That is why they are choices of faith. But do them right. They aer worth doing. It is what sets us apart from the world and encourages other believers by giving them something to follow. WHen you do "the hard part first" - the choice fo faith God has asked you to do - God will bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment